New Features in Server
- Back up data to Amazon Web Services, a cloud-based object storage system
- Optimize data movement to the cloud
- Protect directory-container storage pools by using tape volumes
- Authenticate Tivoli Storage Manager users by using an Active Directory database
New Fetures in Operations Center
- You can use the Add Storage Pool wizard and the new Add Container-Copy Pool action to create a container-copy storage pool for new or existing directory-container storage pools.
- Container-copy storage pools provide a tape-based alternative to using replication to protect directory-container storage pools.
- You can use the Add Storage Pool wizard to assign one or more local directories to a new cloud-container storage pool. You can use the Details notebook to add directories for existing cloud-container storage pools. These directories are used to temporarily cache data during backup operations.
- This hybrid cloud storage model helps to ensure that your backup operations finish on time and meet service-level agreements.
- You can use the Add Storage Pool wizard to create a cloud-container storage pool that uses the Amazon S3 protocol to back up data.
Tip: On the Settings page, the option to consider skipped files as an at-risk condition now also includes warnings. If you selected the Consider skipped files as failures check box in an earlier release for one or more client categories, you might see additional at-risk indicators after you upgrade the Operations Center to V7.1.7.
Operating System -> 7.1.7.000 >>
IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.7 Technical Overview - Presentation >>
IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.7 LDAP Integration - Demo >>
IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.7 Directory Container Tape Copy Pools - Demo >>
IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.7 Support for Amazon S3 cloud containers - Demo >>
IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.7 Hybrid Container stgpools - Demo >>